Welcome to the
- TBA. During Academic Year 2017-18 the OCF held social activities organized on the short notice, word of which never made it to the Faculty Advisor (who is also the webmaster of orthodoxkansas.org). If you would like to participate in the OCF, the best way is to attend a Liturgy at St. Mary Magdalene, Manhattan, first or third Sunday and make yourself known to the Orthodox students who attend regularly.
- All K-State students, faculty and staff who are Orthodox Christians, catechumens, or inquirers into Orthodox Christianity are invited to attend Divine services at our host church, the St. Mary Magdalene Orthodox Christian Chapel: Saturday Readers Vespers at 5 p.m., and Sunday service -- Typica or Divine Liturgy -- at 10 a.m. at St. Mary Magdalene House, 913 Riley Lane. For other services on feast days and during Great Lent, visit the St. Mary Magdalene webpage. Rides for those without a car can be arranged -- please e-mail our faculty advisor (and chairman of the St. Mary Magdalene Chapel Council) David Yetter at email@example.com.
- What is the K-State Orthodox Christian Fellowship?
- Upcoming Orthodox Christian Events at K-State (see parish websites for events at nearby parishes)
Orthodox Christian Fellowships on college and university campuses nationwide are a ministry of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America, and operates with the blessing of all its member hierarchs.
The K-State Orthodox Christian Fellowship serves K-State and the surrounding community and is a registered student organization with the K-State Student Government Association.
Watch this space for news of our upcoming formal chartering by the National OCF.
Membership is open to all Orthodox Christian students at K-State, and to all
students with a sincere interest in and desire to learn
Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Our events are all open to the general
The Orthodox Christian Fellowship, in conjunction with the St. Mary Magdalene Orthodox Christian Chapel, sponsors Orthodox Christian worship services and educational events at K-State.
Our spiritual oversight is provided by Fr. John Baize and the St. Mary Magdalene Chapel, with occasional assistance from the other area clergy. St. Mary Magdalene and the K-State OCF are under the omophorion of Bishop +BASIL of the Diocese of Wichita and Mid-America of the Self-Ruled Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America.
- see next events at the top of this page
Last updated 16 May 2018.